Mission4Today  

Run Time Error '374':
This is the place to ask any questions you may have about Mission Mate or to make suggestions on what you might like to see improved or included in a future release, or maybe just to know better how to use a particular feature
Users browsing this topic: None

1 2 3
>
View previous topic :: View next topic
Cdr84
Top of the curve

Cdr84

Post Post subject: Run Time Error '374':
Posted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 05:52 AM

When trying to acess 'Add New Mod Aircraft'.

Cdr

CrazySchmidt
Wing Commander

CrazySchmidt

Post Post subject: Re: Run Time Error '374':
Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:41 AM

Hi Cdr84, thanks for reporting the error.

The error you are experiencing is most likely caused by a new grid object I have introduced into Mission Mate with this release. I see you are using Vista, I did run some installation and operation tests with Vista before release and everything was fine. It seems as though the grid control has not registered correctly on your machine though, so what I would suggest trying first is to install the grid control directly through a setup file specifically for the control itself. This setup is designed to install the control for a program developers use and may very well install the control more formally than Mission Mate's installation process.

I have setup a link for the control directly through the MM download here. Download the file named 8_MMGridSetup.zip. Extract the file and then run it. This will install an entry for the control onto your menu also, though you will have no need access it as it only describes its use for programming development.

I would appreciate you letting me know if this works for you as other users may be experiencing similar problems.

Let me know how you get on. Smile

Cheers, CrazySchmidt. Smile

Cdr84
Top of the curve

Cdr84

Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 05:37 PM

Worked like a charm!

Fantastic program, been using it for years.

Was sooo... looking forward to the User Defined Mod Feature!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the quick response and help.

Cdr

Last edited by Cdr84 on Sun Jul 26, 2009 05:39 PM; edited 1 times in total
asheshouse
Lance Corporal

asheshouse

Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 06:14 PM

Installation of the patch worked fine for me.
My OS is WinXP

Drop down list of mod aircraft appears and I can select a few and apply,but they do not seem to register, unless I'm doing something wrong?

Last edited by asheshouse on Sun Jul 26, 2009 06:23 PM; edited 2 time in total
Cdr84
Top of the curve

Cdr84

Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 07:11 PM

I have gotten all the new planes installed into MM, but when I set up a mission and push creat mission I get;

The game path is set up correctly and I also tried setting up the directory path using other than english language. It still gives the same error.

Im using Vista 64 bit.

I have updated Java.

I have reinstalled MM.

Also it will not remember the path when I shut down MM and restart it, it goes back to C:\Users\Al\Desktop\. Edit=It does still show them correctly in FBPath.txt;

C:\Games\IL-2 MODDED\
C:\Games\IL-2 MODDED\Missions\Single\NN\Mission Mate\
C:\Games\IL-2 MODDED\Missions\Net\coop\Mission Mate\
C:\Games\IL-2 MODDED\PaintSchemes\Skins\

I travel for work and it may be a week or more before I return home to this computer to try again.

Thanks,

Cdr

Last edited by Cdr84 on Sun Jul 26, 2009 07:16 PM; edited 1 times in total
CrazySchmidt
Wing Commander

CrazySchmidt

Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:49 AM

asheshouse wrote:
Installation of the patch worked fine for me.
My OS is WinXP

Drop down list of mod aircraft appears and I can select a few and apply,but they do not seem to register, unless I'm doing something wrong?

Firstly, have you followed the steps in the help file? If not try that first, otherwise I will need a little more detail as to how exactly your are using it so I can figure out if there is something wrong.

Cheers, CS. Smile

CrazySchmidt
Wing Commander

CrazySchmidt

Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:56 AM

Cdr84 wrote:
I have gotten all the new planes installed into MM, but when I set up a mission and push creat mission I get;

The game path is set up correctly and I also tried setting up the directory path using other than english language. It still gives the same error.

Im using Vista 64 bit.

I have updated Java.

I have reinstalled MM.

Also it will not remember the path when I shut down MM and restart it, it goes back to C:\Users\Al\Desktop\. Edit=It does still show them correctly in FBPath.txt;

C:\Games\IL-2 MODDED\
C:\Games\IL-2 MODDED\Missions\Single\NN\Mission Mate\
C:\Games\IL-2 MODDED\Missions\Net\coop\Mission Mate\
C:\Games\IL-2 MODDED\PaintSchemes\Skins\

I travel for work and it may be a week or more before I return home to this computer to try again.

Thanks,

Cdr

When you have time it would help if I could have some screens shots (using windows explorer), showing MM's installation location and also IL-2's installation location. Do you have more than one IL-2 program folder on your machine i.e. one standard and one for the MODS?

Do you have a mod aircraft selected as a player flyable? I can't make it out past the error message window in your screen shot (although it doesn't look like it).

Clearly MM is trying to write to a location it thinks exists but obviously doesn't.

Cheers, CS. Smile

Last edited by CrazySchmidt on Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:58 AM; edited 2 time in total
asheshouse
Lance Corporal

asheshouse

Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 06:57 AM

Yep! When in doubt read the instructions.
I had not selected the army and nation options.
Once I'd done that they registered fine.
Thanks.

CrazySchmidt
Wing Commander

CrazySchmidt

Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 08:37 AM

Great, glad it's working. Smile

CS.

asheshouse
Lance Corporal

asheshouse

Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:43 AM

I've been trying it out setting up ship strikes using the Malta map and the new Swordfish --- brilliant!

The ability to organise convoys with ease is one of the great plus points of MissionMate.

Would it be possible to include the ShipPack2 warships as an option when you are assigning ships. Rumour has it that there might even be more warship options available in the future.

And just an observation. If I try to load my Malta Ship Strike mission as a template within Quick mission builder a message appears saying that the map is not supported.

Ashe

Last edited by asheshouse on Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:34 AM; edited 1 times in total
CrazySchmidt
Wing Commander

CrazySchmidt

Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 07:25 PM

asheshouse wrote:
I've been trying it out setting up ship strikes using the Malta map and the new Swordfish --- brilliant!

The ability to organise convoys with ease is one of the great plus points of MissionMate.

Would it be possible to include the ShipPack2 warships as an option when you are assigning ships. Rumour has it that there might even be more warship options available in the future.

And just an observation. If I try to load my Malta Ship Strike mission as a template within Quick mission builder a message appears saying that the map is not supported.

Ashe

Thanks, I'll check out template maps support issue, I have a horrible feeling I've overlooked that part with this update Confused . Keep an eye open, I'll upload an update as soon as I have it fixed.

Additional shipping is a possibility.

Cheers, CS. Smile

Last edited by CrazySchmidt on Mon Jul 27, 2009 07:27 PM; edited 1 times in total
CrazySchmidt
Wing Commander

CrazySchmidt

Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:20 AM

asheshouse wrote:

Ashe

Fixed. Mr. Green

The Malta map MOD installs 3 map variations, standard building object density, medium and high. Mission Mate uses the standard density map file to accommodate low end PC users (I was one until only a couple of month s ago, so I know the pain). In doing so it did not consider the other two when reading template files, this has been corrected.

Even though MM will now accept the other two map variations and the map objects provided via the map template file, MM will still apply the base standard map file when creating the mission while applying all the additional template object data.

I hope that all makes sense? the new Version 5.2.1 now available for download. Select 8_MMPlus2_521.zip

Cheers, CrazySchmidt. Smile

Cdr84
Top of the curve

Cdr84

Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:20 PM

Thanks for the replies. I just returned home.

First off I read everything in the help file. I didn't find anything to help this problem. Maybe I missed it?

I fooled with it again and I discovered what the problem was. I looked in the Missions\Single\NN folder and the folders from UQMG were still in there. I manually deleted them and then ran the redirect/directory selector again.

That was the problem. Apparently MM+plus 2 doesn't like those folders being in there and won't install it's folders until they are removed.

So far so good, all is working.

Cdr

CrazySchmidt
Wing Commander

CrazySchmidt

Posted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:42 AM

Great, glad you've got it going. Smile

CS. Smile

rickster
Air Cadet Grade 2

rickster

Posted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:07 PM

I also have the same problem.No matter what I do,I have to redirect MMPlus2 to the IL2 directory every time I start MM,and I still get the error message.I also removed the UQMG files,as well.When I install this and link it,is it permanent?

1 2 3
>

Topics   Replies   Author   Views   Last Post 
Normal
No new posts M4T Website: News, Tips and Member feedback Unspecified Error extracting DBW-1916 skinpack (7z) 6 Kartman013 620
 Sat May 31, 2014 05:33 AM 
wheelsup_cavu View latest post
No new posts MODS: HSFX Damn, another HSFX Texture Error 8 Gen.Zax 843
 Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:53 AM 
EoW_WhamO_CO View latest post
No new posts Mission Mate Run-time error 339
Unable to Add Aircraft
5 jg1234 1070
 Mon Apr 14, 2014 08:34 PM 
J30_OttO View latest post
No new posts MODS: HSFX White texture error 0 Gen.Zax 214 White texture error
 Fri Apr 11, 2014 06:13 AM