Mission4Today  

Would someone do THIS?

This forum is for discussion of the DBW (Dark Blue World) mod pack and related projects. 

• Limited technical support may be provided by members but it is recommended to seek advice from the DBW Forums first
  • New users of DBW should read the Newbie Guide: What is Dark Blue World (DBW)?
  • Read the forum stickies before posting

Users browsing this topic: None
View previous topic :: View next topic
steilkurvenpilot
Squadron Leader

steilkurvenpilot

Post Post subject: Would someone do THIS?
Posted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 08:31 AM

I was wondering after all the frustration I had with adding maps and planes to DBW if somebody who was able to place for ex. Do-17,Ju-188,B-26 etc. and the Mappack Westernfront 39-45 by GilB57 and get these to work (!) if he could upload these (altered) files some place so that one could try to paste them into my DBW (and those who want it too of course)? I am using the "Superf'kin DBW 1.71 all in one packet" on stock Il-2 1946 . Well maybe if it is not too much trouble and technically possible it would be very much appreciated (also not only by me I guess since others seem to have probs like me!?). Question

Shoeffel
Top of the curve

Shoeffel

Post Post subject: Re: Would someone do THIS?
Posted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 04:33 PM

Hallo Steilkurvenpilot!

Maybe you are trapped the same way I was with Gils wonderful map. He changed some templates in between. Perhaps that's your problem. I made a patch for that (for 4.09/UP 2.01) but it will give you a hint, where to search. You can download it (don't forget the instructions!) here:
www.mission4today.com/...3&get=1504

But IMHO the best solution for you is "The (New) Full Monty".
It's a real big pack of as far as I know everything that's still missing but possible in DBW.
The mentioned planes and of course Gil's Westfront maps are included and many, many more stuff. I thought DBW to be a real good thing, but Montys pack makes it even better!
Might be what you are really looking for.

You can have a closer look and download links here:

www.sas1946.com/main/i...bb69684dfb

BTW: If you like to become a test pilot for my Westfeldzug campaign for DBW (a 60 mission static campaign for BF 109 E - see a. m. download link ) please let me know. Just the right thing for rainy summer days!

Enjoy your weekend!

Shoeffel

steilkurvenpilot
Squadron Leader

steilkurvenpilot

Posted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 04:48 AM

Thx for ur answer. Sounds good esspecially now that TFM has a more convenient DL. I will definitely try it since I heard a lot about it before. Is it correct that it is a giant DBW - patch so to speak i.e. just paste it over the DBW 1.71 installation? Also I shall of course participate in your campaign- test. Nice! Smile

Last edited by steilkurvenpilot on Sun Jul 07, 2013 06:15 AM; edited 1 times in total
Shoeffel
Top of the curve

Shoeffel

Posted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 09:57 AM

Hi Steilkurvenpilot,

the New Full Monty isn't that big. The (old) Full Monty is even bigger!

The very best for installation of TNFM is a clean DBW 1.71 installation.

Otherwise switch off everthing inside JSGME first. Then paste the four sfs-files mentioned by Monty in your main game folder. Having installed them you can paste the New Full Monty according to the instructions given by Monty. And you should download and use the #DBW-folder Monty quoted. It differs a little bit of mine - even though I have a clean installation.

BUT: You should make a backup before, as the installation overwrites nearly every essential file in your DBW. For that reason I prefer a clean DBW as basis (as Monty wrote).

I myself had some trouble as I tried to activate all those Montyfiles inside JSGME at once.
Doing it one by one took time but worked in the end (27 times starting the game and switching it off again.....but it was worth it!)

Scrolling through the posts of the downloadsite at SAS1946 you'll find some hints concerning Gurners FX. For my system I had to deactivate it. And you have to activate the 6dotracker (or something like that - mentioned in one of the latest posts there) within JSGME.

An evening of work but I promise, you'll never go back. While working on the patch for my campaign inside UP2 I can't wait to have all that DBW stuff back again, esp. the graphics are fantasic. Everybody there made a very great job!

Have a nice day and please have a look at your pm account concerning the test pilot thing!

Shoeffel