Hello guys, well, few days a go I spent the entire afternoon trying to install DBW+TFM. You can’t believe, and me too….it really works!!!
There was still some things to fix but is almost ok.
I did so:
· A backup copy of my entire DBW in a separate folder.
· Delete the DBW folder and replaced with a plain vanilla #DBW
· Fb410 clay-sfs.7z+UV3 sfs.rar in the IL-2 main directory folder.
· Unzip #DBW-NEW TFM 01-30 in the jsgmemods folder
· Unzip NEW-TFM Optional Extras in the jsgmemods folder
· Unzip NEW-TFM Splashscreen in the jsgmemods folder
· Correct the as suggested by “Fixes and Edits” tips.
Initially I have had these problems:
· In QMB there are only 13 maps. In my previous DBW there were many more.
In FMB there are many.
· No air start in QMB, only ground start.
· In this time I play a default career with USAAF: P40 New Guinea, started with the previous DBW but now when the mission starts to load it crashes because “No map in mission files”.
Then, thanks to the boys of SAS, I solve almost all the problems doing so:
· Install and activate TFM 31/33
· Install and activate QMBpro by Monty27
· Copy and paste the whole campaigns and user folders from my previous DBW 1.71.
I don’t know what exactly happened but PTO campaign and missions starts again from point I left it. QMB works fine also, with air start…..hurrà!!!
However a strange thing happens: when I start again to play with PTO campaign the game goes in jerky, with a bad fluency, so I supposed a worsening of the graphical features of my pc…
But I decide to do several tests: in QMB I play several quick combat with several maps and planes:
I used Crimea maps by Cyberolas and several planes and all works very good. The same happened with Ardenness RRR, Palau, Balaton and some other with same results: good fluency and not jerky…
So I test New Guinea map and if I fly with P-40, Zeke, Spit, Fiat G55 and certain others it starts again in jerky and bad fluency, very unpleasant to play it.
But if I fly with Me.109 (all series), LaGG-3, Yak’s and MiG’s, again good fluency and not jerky: same excellent graphic performance as my previous DBW 1.71.
Somebody could help me to understand what is the problem and if is possible to solve it?
I hope this notes are also relevant to you. BDW+TFM it is really fantastic!!