Mission4Today  

DBW+TFM: A new era?

This forum is for discussion of the DBW (Dark Blue World) mod pack and related projects. 

• Limited technical support may be provided by members but it is recommended to seek advice from the DBW Forums first
  • New users of DBW should read the Newbie Guide: What is Dark Blue World (DBW)?
  • Read the forum stickies before posting

Users browsing this topic: None
View previous topic :: View next topic
Markino
Warrant Officer

Markino

Post Post subject: DBW+TFM: A new era?
Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 09:52 AM

Hello guys, on the SAS1946 website there is this modpacks to upload DBW to DBW+TFM: www.sas1946.com/main/i...424.0.html

Maybe a new era for DBW1.71? What do you think about? What your opinion about?

Ciao!

Marco

rkal109
Air Chief Marshall

rkal109

Post Post subject:
Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 03:08 PM

I will probably try TFM soon. I haven't yet learned how to add single aircraft to the game, so it's easier to install them with mod packs. TFM has the Dewoitine D.520 and a good looking Lancaster.

Markino
Warrant Officer

Markino

Post Post subject:
Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 07:08 AM

rkal109 wrote:
I haven't yet learned how to add single aircraft to the game, so it's easier to install them with mod packs.

My too... Wink

Now I downloading everything the necessary for TFM then I will try to install it.
I hope to do all well and TFM will works properly...
It does not seem very difficult. However, if SAS1946 would create a DBW1.8.... it will be better, of course... Wink

Ciao!

Marco

euanemblin
Lance Corporal

euanemblin

Post Post subject:
Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 08:08 AM

Hello guys

I can honestly and whole-heartedly recommend New-TFM as the essential add-in to DBW. I have been flying Cliffs of Dover for some time now but came back to IL2 1946 and installed on top of a fresh base this great refresh of the originally much larger TFM. The creator already has a great campaign collection compatible with New-TFM and there are even better things around the corner.

If flying offline is your bag then jump right in. It's not difficult or technical, simply a case of following the instructions to create a very solid framework for the bespoke campaigns.

'Get one up!'

Euan

Last edited by euanemblin on Tue Jul 09, 2013 07:04 AM; edited 1 times in total
Lixel68
Air Cadet Grade 2

Lixel68

Post Post subject:
Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 09:39 AM

I´ve got it. I can commend it highly.
It improve the grafics. But framerate will decrease. How can I give IL2_1946 more than 512 RAM? I think it would increase the framerate. But its fast
enough for well flying

steilkurvenpilot
Flight Lieutenant

steilkurvenpilot

Post Post subject:
Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 09:41 AM

But isn't the DL for TFM very complicated? There is no full installer like for DBW AFAIK - and I had tried to DL , install it but gave up after a while cos some links didn't work etc., thus it ruined my installation. Dunno about the latest status of it. But as said before I am also hoping for a new DBW - that will hopefully include all new planes and maps and maybe the great features of 4.12m - that will rock for sure. Til then I am very happy with DBW and DBW 1916 which is also a must have imo. Smile

Last edited by steilkurvenpilot on Fri Jul 05, 2013 09:43 AM; edited 1 times in total
Markino
Warrant Officer

Markino

Post Post subject:
Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:26 AM

steilkurvenpilot wrote:
But as said before I am also hoping for a new DBW - that will hopefully include all new planes and maps and maybe the great features of 4.12m

I hope this also strongly!!
But for the next time I will try to play with DBW+TFM. Before I will make a backup copy of my working DBW, of course... Wink

Ciao.

Marco

vpmedia
Skinner & Master of the FMB

vpmedia

Post Post subject:
Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 04:08 PM

the new TFM doesnt include the Jetwar stuff because it wasnt compatible with the UV3 soundmod (imho) so its more for WW2 and Korea (according to the readme)

if you want to fly Mig-21, etc without bugs you need a second install of
DBW 1.71 (or modact if you want a small download)
Jetwar 1.3
SAS engine mod 2.6
latest SAS buttons file

Last edited by vpmedia on Fri Jul 05, 2013 04:09 PM; edited 1 times in total
happycultor
Air Cadet Grade 2

happycultor

Post Post subject:
Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 08:07 PM

Hi
I experienced a lot of problems downloading the files for TFM. I am currently stuck at file number 4...
Are there other sources for the download than mediafire ??
Thanks

steilkurvenpilot
Flight Lieutenant

steilkurvenpilot

Post Post subject:
Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 08:37 AM

I have DL all 34 parts and the other stuff needed ,activated all , did imo everything as described over a fresh install - but it don't work for me - freezes , crashes ,FPS down. Well I don't know about it - seems to be awesome - but it seems it is not meant for me. I will be curious and try to install only few parts with the maps and planes I miss so badly - but sure that will not work either. Yep guys of DBW - really hoping on your next release - more than ever...

Edit: I am more than confused atm Do I need to activate all of the 33 TFM files and do I need the old Monty before, well maybe someone who got to work properly can give some hints - I really would like to play it though. Rolling Eyes

Last edited by steilkurvenpilot on Tue Jul 09, 2013 05:29 PM; edited 2 time in total
Markino
Warrant Officer

Markino

Post Post subject:
Posted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 09:18 AM

Hello guys, well, few days a go I spent the entire afternoon trying to install DBW+TFM. You can’t believe, and me too….it really works!!! Very Happy Very Happy There was still some things to fix but is almost ok.
I did so:
· A backup copy of my entire DBW in a separate folder.
· Delete the DBW folder and replaced with a plain vanilla #DBW
· Fb410 clay-sfs.7z+UV3 sfs.rar in the IL-2 main directory folder.
· Unzip #DBW-NEW TFM 01-30 in the jsgmemods folder
· Unzip NEW-TFM Optional Extras in the jsgmemods folder
· Unzip NEW-TFM Splashscreen in the jsgmemods folder
· Correct the as suggested by “Fixes and Edits” tips.

Initially I have had these problems:
· In QMB there are only 13 maps. In my previous DBW there were many more.
In FMB there are many.
· No air start in QMB, only ground start.
· In this time I play a default career with USAAF: P40 New Guinea, started with the previous DBW but now when the mission starts to load it crashes because “No map in mission files”.

Then, thanks to the boys of SAS, I solve almost all the problems doing so:

· Install and activate TFM 31/33
· Install and activate QMBpro by Monty27
· Copy and paste the whole campaigns and user folders from my previous DBW 1.71.

I don’t know what exactly happened but PTO campaign and missions starts again from point I left it. QMB works fine also, with air start…..hurrà!!!

However a strange thing happens: when I start again to play with PTO campaign the game goes in jerky, with a bad fluency, so I supposed a worsening of the graphical features of my pc…

But I decide to do several tests: in QMB I play several quick combat with several maps and planes:
I used Crimea maps by Cyberolas and several planes and all works very good. The same happened with Ardenness RRR, Palau, Balaton and some other with same results: good fluency and not jerky…
So I test New Guinea map and if I fly with P-40, Zeke, Spit, Fiat G55 and certain others it starts again in jerky and bad fluency, very unpleasant to play it.
But if I fly with Me.109 (all series), LaGG-3, Yak’s and MiG’s, again good fluency and not jerky: same excellent graphic performance as my previous DBW 1.71.

Somebody could help me to understand what is the problem and if is possible to solve it?

I hope this notes are also relevant to you. BDW+TFM it is really fantastic!!

Ciao.

Marco

Markino
Warrant Officer

Markino

Post Post subject:
Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 06:52 AM

Well, I managed to solve the problem, I disabled Gurner's FX, now all works fine... Pity, Gurner's is a nice set of effects, but it slows down and go to jerky too much the graphic performance of my pc. I hope in the future this trouble can be solve.
Ciao!

Marco

Anto
Sergeant

Anto

Post Post subject:
Posted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 07:28 AM

TFM is a great pack and hats off to Monty27 for compiling it.

Hopefully one day the team will have the energy to put this into SFS and use it as a basis for a 4.12.1m based DBW. Fingers crossed.