Mission4Today  

White Tiger
Before posting links to videos be sure to read the quick guide to posting videos
Users browsing this topic: None

1 2 3
>
View previous topic :: View next topic
spartan18a
Air commodore

spartan18a

Post Post subject: White Tiger
Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 09:46 AM

www.youtube.com/watch?...nKZcGtHNlY

I've just watched it!

It's worthy but I don't like the wrong design of the Tiger. On the other hand, the T 34/85 are real and beautiful to see them move !!!!!!!

Last edited by spartan18a on Sat Jan 19, 2013 09:47 AM; edited 1 times in total
Kurfurst
Air Chief Marshall

Kurfurst

Post Post subject: Re: White Tiger
Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:32 AM

The setting and action look cool, take away the storyline and your left with entertaining tank battles from WWII. I will certainly be giving it my attention

Thanks for posting

RedSpade
Air Vice Marshall

RedSpade

Post Post subject: Re: White Tiger
Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:49 AM

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I agree with Kurfurst, this looks interesting.

flatsixes
Flight Sergeant

flatsixes

Post Post subject:
Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 01:07 PM

Real tanks blowing stuff up? What's not to like? It's not available on Netflix yet, but I put it in my queue anyway. Thanks!

spartan18a
Air commodore

spartan18a

Post Post subject:
Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 02:34 PM

DO NOT READ THIS MESSAGE UNTIL YOU HAVE SEEN THE MOVIE

SPOILER[b]

Well here is my interpretation of the symbolism of the movie:

The Russian soldier Russian represents all the Russian soldiers. At first he is almost destroyed by the surprise attack or German treachery and in spite of having 90% of the burned body, he rises back from the ashes and fight to defeat the fascist invaders. Hence his name firstly Ivan Ivanovich and then Naydenov (08'14'' "the found one") and his memory loss. He loses his original identity and becomes the anonymous Russian hero representing the entire Red Army. 18 minutes of the film in conversation with the general.

The White Tiger, explains the German prisoner in his first interrogation, minute 13:47, "You can not defeat this demon ... Because the White Tiger is the triumph of the German spirit." That's what it represents.

In minute 1h 35 'Naydenov explains that they have won a battle but not the war. The White Tiger will return one day to keep fighting. (4th Reich? 3rd World War?)

Finally, at the end of the film an old Hitler seems to talk to God / Devil in a kind of confession. He says that despite that history is written by the winners, the reality is that Germany is Europe's soul and therefore the eternal enemy of the Jews and the Russians. Those are the two problems of Europe. And finally that war is part of human beings and their existence.

Last edited by spartan18a on Sat Jan 19, 2013 02:41 PM; edited 4 time in total
Darkwind
Flight Lieutenant

Darkwind

Post Post subject:
Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 05:03 PM

I'm no critic, so I'm pretty sure I'll really like it...not saying much, I liked "Red Tails"

Sillius_Sodus
Squadron Leader

Sillius_Sodus

Post Post subject:
Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 05:50 PM

I'll certainly have a look.

There are some good WW2 films made in Russia and Germany, at least they look good, unfortunately I usually cannot find English-dubbed versions.

Taypay
Flight Lieutenant

Taypay

Post Post subject:
Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 08:04 PM

You don't see to many movies showing the eastern front, I would like to see the battle of Kursk made. I will check this one out, a lot of people seem to believe that the US fought and won WWII all by them selves. It was the sacrifice and strength of the Russian people and Army that broke the back of the German ground forces

RUSTYMORLEY
Squadron Leader

RUSTYMORLEY

Post Post subject:
Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 05:35 PM

Well at least they are using real T34s in the movie, must be plenty of them still around. Does anyone know if the movie will be released in Britain as I have to admit that I am also a bit of a Tank nut as well as an IL2 fan?

nvrsummer2
Wing Commander

nvrsummer2

Post Post subject:
Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 06:26 PM

Darkwind wrote:
I'm no critic, so I'm pretty sure I'll really like it...not saying much, I liked "Red Tails"

I SOO wanted to like Red tails, but Lucas made stereo types out of the pilots, and some kind of alien like creatures for the German pilots. Dont need to be a history major to know that the Tuskegee guys didnt shout out those one liners along the way. I know its just a movie, but when it is non-fiction you should try to capture the real events in an entertaining way, not warp it so much the real guys dont resemble their on screen personas. Im done with anything Lucas. All of this greatest achievements can really be attributed to other writers, directors if you dig deep enough into his work.

Kurfurst
Air Chief Marshall

Kurfurst

Post Post subject:
Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:17 PM

RUSTYMORLEY wrote:
Well at least they are using real T34s in the movie, must be plenty of them still around. Does anyone know if the movie will be released in Britain as I have to admit that I am also a bit of a Tank nut as well as an IL2 fan?

What you in to mate

RUSTYMORLEY
Squadron Leader

RUSTYMORLEY

Post Post subject:
Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 01:40 PM

Kurfurst, I've got a few Tank PC games on my computer, these are:

Tank Simulator by Just Sims
M4 Tank Brigade by Encore
Panzer Elite by Nordic Games
Panzer Killer by Strategy First
Tank Combat by City Interactive

Been onto World of Tanks, very good tank models and excellent graphics, but it is just way too much for me! Am still just looking for that perfect Tank sim! Very keen on American Sherman variants and German heavy tanks like King Tigers and a few post war models like British Centurion and American Sheridan light tank.

Am I to take it that you are a bit of a tank nut as well?

Last edited by RUSTYMORLEY on Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:42 PM; edited 1 times in total
spartan18a
Air commodore

spartan18a

Post Post subject:
Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 03:05 PM

RUSTYMORLEY wrote:

Been onto World Tanks, very good tank models and excellent graphics, but it is just way too much for me! Am still just looking for that perfect Tank sim! Very keen on American Sherman variants and German heavy tanks like King Tigers and a few post war models like British Centurion and American Sheridan light tank.

You need Tiger vs T34. A russian simulation game.

www.youtube.com/watch?...R2kuqvUJDE

Last edited by spartan18a on Mon Jan 21, 2013 03:06 PM; edited 1 times in total
Kurfurst
Air Chief Marshall

Kurfurst

Post Post subject:
Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 03:40 PM

spartan18a wrote:
RUSTYMORLEY wrote:

Been onto World Tanks, very good tank models and excellent graphics, but it is just way too much for me! Am still just looking for that perfect Tank sim! Very keen on American Sherman variants and German heavy tanks like King Tigers and a few post war models like British Centurion and American Sheridan light tank.

You need Tiger vs T34. A russian simulation game.

www.youtube.com/watch?...R2kuqvUJDE

Absolutely, I was going to mention that, cheers spartan Get this game Rusty, you'll love it!

As for tanks, yes I do them, especially German armour including modern German. I also like Russian tanks including the Su85,100 etc. I maintain the T34 was the best tank of WWII for everything across the board

Myself and some chaps are having another visit to the Bovington Tank museum in a couple of months, have you seen the working Tiger 1 and 2?

Last edited by Kurfurst on Mon Jan 21, 2013 03:40 PM; edited 1 times in total
RUSTYMORLEY
Squadron Leader

RUSTYMORLEY

Post Post subject:
Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 07:39 PM

Kurfurst and Spartan 18a thanks for your replies and comments.

I have had a look at T34 Versus Tiger but as yet have not been able to pick up a decent copy, but it does look good. I have got a mate of mine sourcing a good copy on my behalf.

As for the Tank Musem at Bovington, I visited it a couple of years ago and I was blown away by the size of the German heavy tanks in comparison to the British tanks issued during 1943 and 1944. There is no wonder that some of our Tank crews jumped out of their tanks during the fighting in Northern France shortly after D-Day when they encountered a Tiger, as they had little chance of penetrating Tiger's armour with the guns that we put on our tanks. I understand that the Kill ratio was about 8 to 1 in the Germans favour, meaning that for every Tiger destroyed we lost 8 tanks. Shocking!!!!!!

As for the king Tiger, even the Sherman Firefly equipped with the 17 pounder could not penetrate the frontal Armour. Our guys had little or no chance!!!!!

I watched a television documentary a while back about British tank crews who were issued with brand new factory fresh Cromwell Tanks a few months before D-Day. They were shocked to see how small it was and refused to take receipt of them because of the number of deficiencies, siting the poor gun, flat armour plates and very small exit hatches which would prevent a quick exit in the event of the tank being hit and catching fire. The tank crews were threatened with Court Martial if they did not accept them. Poor sods I think they knew they were doomed if they met a Tiger tank in Normandy!!!!

Last edited by RUSTYMORLEY on Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:58 PM; edited 1 times in total

1 2 3
>

Topics   Replies   Author   Views   Last Post 
Normal
No new posts IL-2 General Discussion Looking for flying tiger campaign for 4.12.2 1 peker 461
 Fri May 30, 2014 05:27 PM 
EHood View latest post
No new posts Skinning Requests Petlyakov Pe-2 "White 24" ca. 1939-1941 0 AceWardie1993 258 Petlyakov Pe-2 "White ...
 Fri May 16, 2014 07:38 AM 
AceWardie1993 View latest post
No new posts MODS: HSFX White texture error 0 Gen.Zax 211 White texture error
 Fri Apr 11, 2014 06:13 AM 
Gen.Zax View latest post
No new posts IL-2 General Discussion White Sun Blue Sky Campaign and 4.12.2
Missions Crash at end
[ Go to pageGo to page: 1, 2 ]
18 Axe_78th 2392
 Fri Mar 28, 2014 05:14 PM 
Axe_78th View latest post
No new posts Graphics Setup White Lines Appearing on Runways