Users browsing this topic: None
View previous topic :: View next topic
Joaoperru
On the learning curve

Joaoperru

Post Post subject: Aircraft Spawn on Carriers
Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 07:43 AM

I'here to ask a few question.

I'm running a big megamission dogfight campaign in the pacific with History 5.01 and the MDS vesrions which is present in the vanilla game 4.10.1, so i need to be enlightened about carrier operations and spawn points.
I please you to help me, we cannot do tests with the 50-70 people we will be running it, so i need to know these things before playing the campaign itself! only you can help me.
i'll be brief:

If i put Max allowed pilots on "0" on a carrier spawn points, only a limited number of players will be able to spawn on it. The game doesn't allow others to join, even if the first ones took off from the carrier.
If with the same value (0) i put "allow airstart if deck is full" the thing doesnt work. They wont join anyway.
So i read on the readmes that putting "0" limits the number of players to the number of spawn points of the carrier (most of the time 12/16... cant remember... i'm talking of the Essex class now).
Is it true?
What happens if i put 100 on the "max allowed pilots?" those more than 12/16 will start in the air? or will take off after the first ones? How does really work? Is it possible to make people take off from the carrier in waves? They will be 30-35 with just that spawn point, so the thing really matters to me.
Or is there a workaround to the problem?

Thank you in advance!

Salmo
Wing Commander

Salmo

Post Post subject: Re: Aircraft Spawn on Carriers
Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 08:04 AM

See if this gives you what you want. I'm not sure if all these homebase options are available in MDS 4.101 vanilla, but they are available in UP3.0

1. Click on the home base that is on top of the carrier & highlight it's properties.
2. Click (go to) the 'spawn / radar' tab.
3. Set the following:
a. 'Max pilots allowed' = 0
b. 'Always airspawn' = not ticked
c. 'Max allowed spawn points' = whatever the default is for the carrier (don't change the default value).
d. 'Enable que for spawning' = ticked
e. 'Time to clear the deck after spawning' = 60 seconds
f. 'Air spawn if que line is full' = unticked
g. 'Player aircraft is invulnerable while on the deck' = Optional, I leave it unticked.

If you are using 'enable aircraft limitations', then make sure that the number of aircraft is set to '9999'. If you do not use this option, then the number of aircraft setting is not available.

This should give you a carrier with unlimited number of pilots & give pilots who spawn on the deck 60 seconds to takeoff, and pilots who are waiting to spawn when the deck is full will get a message about the wait time until a spawn point is available.

Last edited by Salmo on Sun Jul 17, 2011 08:21 AM; edited 6 time in total
Joaoperru
On the learning curve

Joaoperru

Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 09:06 AM

I'm afraid the version of zuti included in the vanilla game 4.10.1 doesn't have all those options. I can just work with the Max Allowed Pilots value... And i need to understand it!

Last edited by Joaoperru on Sun Jul 17, 2011 09:07 AM; edited 1 times in total
Salmo
Wing Commander

Salmo

Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 09:38 AM

Joaoperru wrote:
I'm afraid the version of zuti included in the vanilla game 4.10.1 doesn't have all those options. I can just work with the Max Allowed Pilots value... And i need to understand it!

Hmmm .... Well, 'Max pilots allowed' = 0 shoud give you unlimited pilots. I'd leave the number of spawn points on the carrier as whatever the default is. Provided not all the spawn points are occupied, then I presume a pilot should be able to spawn on the carrier.

Joaoperru
On the learning curve

Joaoperru

Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 09:56 AM

That's the matter. I want to let 30 or more people spawn from one carrier. Either on the deck or in flight. In the readme it says that if you put max allowed Pilots to 0, it's limited by the default spawn points of a carrier/base. What if you put let's say 40? The first start in the deck, the others inflight?

Salmo
Wing Commander

Salmo

Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 02:59 PM

Yes, I presume so. I've never tried it that way. For air spawns, I usually spawn the player quite low over the deck in the general direction of the carrier & at 300km/hr so they don't crash.

Topics   Replies   Author   Views   Last Post 
No new posts Mods Discussion Forum Adding New Aircraft
[ Go to pageGo to page: 1, 2, 3 ]
31 Blockbuster 6901
 Sun Jan 19, 2014 07:34 AM 
Enforcer57 View latest post
Normal
No new posts Mission Building Attaching the Recon Target to a moving Aircraft Carrier 4 wheelsup_cavu 1013
 Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:18 PM 
RedSpade View latest post
No new posts IL-2 General Discussion All in one aircraft packs for JSGME
A queston
5 spiteful21k 438
 Sun Apr 13, 2014 02:37 PM 
winterz View latest post
No new posts MODS: HSFX Where are the carriers? 9 davido53 426
 Wed Apr 09, 2014 04:34 AM 
davido53 View latest post
No new posts Film, movie and video clips. Shuttleworth Aircraft Collection 8 BH-21 441
 Wed Apr 09, 2014 03:50 AM 
Kurfurst View latest post