>
View previous topic :: View next topic
Air_Wolf
Lance Corporal

Air_Wolf

Post Post subject: Setting Planes for Carrier takeoff
Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:34 AM

Hey

Its 6:30am and I about to leave for work..I set up a carrier fleet and placed a plane on a carrier..set it to takeoff several waypoints .... but plane keeps exploding on carrier..?????

How do I go about placing planes for carrier takeoff's ..????

Secesh
Group Captain

Secesh

Post Post subject: Re: Setting Planes for Carrier takeoff
Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:53 AM

Start your aircraft near the carrier. Waypoint set to take off. Hit Set button on bottom left. Swing green cursor over to the carrier icon, and let go of the set button. Your now attached to the carrier...

Last edited by Secesh on Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:54 AM; edited 1 times in total
Air_Wolf
Lance Corporal

Air_Wolf

Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 01:35 PM

Secesh wrote:
Start your aircraft near the carrier. Waypoint set to take off. Hit Set button on bottom left. Swing green cursor over to the carrier icon, and let go of the set button. Your now attached to the carrier...

Thanks will fix this once I get home..also how do you line up rotate battleships????

Kurfurst
Air Chief Marshall

Kurfurst

Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 07:36 PM

You will also find if you load too many planes on your carrier, the excess planes will be flying over your carrier

Well they do on mine anyway

9./JG54_EZ
Air Vice Marshall

9./JG54_EZ

Location: Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Cluster, Local Supercluster

Post Post subject:
Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:59 PM

What exactly do you mean by "line up/ rotate" battleships?

If you mean stationary battleships, you can use the buttons on your key-pad to rotate objects.

You can also control the scroll speed in which you move objects so that you can place them precisely where you want them.
F1=Slow, F2=Medium, F3=Fast

Lance Corporal

Air_Wolf

Post Post subject:
Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:34 PM

JG26_EZ wrote:
What exactly do you mean by "line up/ rotate" battleships?

If you mean stationary battleships, you can use the buttons on your key-pad to rotate objects.

You can also control the scroll speed in which you move objects so that you can place them precisely where you want them.
F1=Slow, F2=Medium, F3=Fast

Ahh thanks yes thats what I mean line up ships side by side..also I tried doing the example of placing a plane on carrier and still doesn't work????

Also if I place static camera's how do I select them for viewing surroundings???

Also you were very helpful your explaination of turning the ships was great..never knew that but now I do...LOL

Last edited by Air_Wolf on Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:15 PM; edited 1 times in total
Kurfurst
Air Chief Marshall

Kurfurst

Post Post subject:
Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 05:26 AM

Select a plane, 1st waypoint is landing, then target select where you then drag the green line to the carrier icon on the map. This tells the AI that it will take off from a carrier. To land it back on the carrier, last waypoint is landing with the green target select line back on the carrier.

As for static camera's, put them where you like and ajust the height you want them, I think they are set at 100 mtrs, just reduce the height if you want them lower.

Hope this helps,

Good Luck

Air_Wolf
Lance Corporal

Air_Wolf

Post Post subject:
Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 09:34 AM

Kurfurst wrote:
Select a plane, 1st waypoint is landing, then target select where you then drag the green line to the carrier icon on the map. This tells the AI that it will take off from a carrier. To land it back on the carrier, last waypoint is landing with the green target select line back on the carrier.

As for static camera's, put them where you like and ajust the height you want them, I think they are set at 100 mtrs, just reduce the height if you want them lower.

Hope this helps,

Good Luck

I did as you said for selecting aircraft and placing on carrier but for some reason doesn't work?? I will keep trying though I must be doing something wrong just not seeing it...also thanks bout static camera..but how do I select it in during the game to view as game plays...like is it F1, F2 and so on.?????or for video eiditing...

Last edited by Air_Wolf on Thu Mar 24, 2011 09:35 AM; edited 1 times in total
Kurfurst
Air Chief Marshall

Kurfurst

Post Post subject:
Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:56 AM

Hey Air Wolf, may I just add that I meant TAKE OFF and not LANDING on the 1st line of my post to you Embarassed

As for selecting static camera's during the game, I don't do it, so don't know if you can. I normaly use F2 for external plane view and pan around and zoom in and out. Some people also use gun camera. Static camera's are what they are, so don't move with the action.

Air_Wolf
Lance Corporal

Air_Wolf

Post Post subject:
Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 08:52 PM

Kurfurst wrote:
Hey Air Wolf, may I just add that I meant TAKE OFF and not LANDING on the 1st line of my post to you Embarassed

As for selecting static camera's during the game, I don't do it, so don't know if you can. I normaly use F2 for external plane view and pan around and zoom in and out. Some people also use gun camera. Static camera's are what they are, so don't move with the action.

No, NO Static camera's are for after I recorded the mission to create movie views...of different angle's...

Thanks...

Last edited by Air_Wolf on Thu Mar 24, 2011 08:53 PM; edited 1 times in total
HBPencil
Air commodore

HBPencil

Post Post subject:
Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:44 PM

You can cycle through the static cameras the same way you through external enemy a/c views, i.e. Ctrl F2

Air_Wolf
Lance Corporal

Air_Wolf

Post Post subject:
Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:53 PM

HBPencil wrote:
You can cycle through the static cameras the same way you through external enemy a/c views, i.e. Ctrl F2

Great thanks...now something else ... sorry for all the question's..

I have been reading very deeply on the Pearl Harbour attack..and wish to do as close as possible to the exact happenings..

I've set up Battleship row..and have a torpedo plane..for a test run before I go further...

Now here is what happens...much long before the plane is seen the battleships start firing..this shouldn't happen since it suppose to be a sneak attack...also have targeted a ship for a torpedo run..plane does not drop the torpedo..to the selected target????? I have the plane coming in at 10m what height should it be for it to drop torpedo????

Many thanks to all here for your great wealth of knowledge....

Last edited by Air_Wolf on Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:53 PM; edited 1 times in total
Air_Wolf
Lance Corporal

Air_Wolf

Post Post subject:
Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:55 PM

Oh I will post a quick pick of battleship row..next or over the weekend..bit tired now...

Battleship Row..just a start to my Pearl Harbour Mission...

But I think I have to many ships will have to double check again...LOL

thanks

Edited 9.08pm eastern..well doubled checked I actually don't have enought but the configuration is a bit off so will make adjustments...

Again Thanks...

Last edited by Air_Wolf on Fri Mar 25, 2011 01:04 AM; edited 2 time in total
HBPencil
Air commodore

HBPencil

Post Post subject:
Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 07:00 AM

Getting the a/c to attack land/sea targets is virtually the same as setting a take-off/landing waypoint for carrier ops. Place a waypoint near your intended target, set waypoint type to 'Gattack', click on 'Set' and move the green cross-hair over the target's icon and left click.

I assume you're patched up to 4.101 so there're limits to how high (or low) and at what speed torpedoes can be dropped. According to the guide that came with 4.10 the optimum drop for the type 91 torp is 30m altitude at 240kmh.

Air_Wolf
Lance Corporal

Air_Wolf

Post Post subject:
Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 09:28 AM

HBPencil wrote:
Getting the a/c to attack land/sea targets is virtually the same as setting a take-off/landing waypoint for carrier ops. Place a waypoint near your intended target, set waypoint type to 'Gattack', click on 'Set' and move the green cross-hair over the target's icon and left click.

I assume you're patched up to 4.101 so there're limits to how high (or low) and at what speed torpedoes can be dropped. According to the guide that came with 4.10 the optimum drop for the type 91 torp is 30m altitude at 240kmh.

No I haven't patched to 4.101 yet..and okay 30m it is then..yea that how I set up the attack/target with the green cross-hair's..

But how do I have the battleships not shoot so early...they start shooting long before the planes cross the mountains...????? They are not even in view yet and the ships start firing their way...???

Thanks

1 2
>

Topics   Replies   Author   Views   Last Post 
Normal
No new posts IL-2 General Discussion QMB distance to enemy setting? 2 pfslau 288
 Thu Dec 04, 2014 04:24 PM 
wheelsup_cavu View latest post
No new posts Off Topic Planes of Fame - Flying History events 2014
[ Go to pageGo to page: 1, 2 ]
23 wheelsup_cavu 8682
 Mon Dec 01, 2014 08:15 PM 
wheelsup_cavu View latest post
No new posts Mission Building Setting delays more precise than per minute 5 MrWhite136 334
 Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:09 PM 
MrWhite136 View latest post
No new posts Mission Building Taxi to Takeoff spawn direction 5 wheelsup_cavu 289
 Sat Nov 29, 2014 05:01 PM 
duffys_tavern View latest post
No new posts MODS: HSFX Adding planes to HSFX 4 MrWhite136 456
 Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:56 PM 
MrWhite136 View latest post