Tips and general discussion on mission building
Users browsing this topic: None
View previous topic :: View next topic
dsparks

dsparks

Post Post subject: destroyed items burn longer
Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 03:27 PM

Hi all.

Can anyone tell me if its possible to make AI aircraft that have been destroyed burn longer. At the moment as you all know they burn for say 5-10 mins then dissappear. Is there some edit that can be done to adjust the time? it would make for very interesting landings, to come back from a mission to find burning aircraft on the runway you may have to circle for sometime until the erk's get there but in gear and shift them.

thanks
dsparks

Kurfurst
Air Chief Marshall

Kurfurst

Post Post subject: Re: destroyed items burn longer
Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 09:48 PM

Hey, you could always use the fire and smoke items from the stationary objects section. Just choose what fire and smoke best suits your requirements and your wrecked airplanes will burn all day!

Good Luck

sjcnospam
Air Chief Marshall

sjcnospam

Post Post subject:
Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 02:08 PM

Just remember that you can raise and lower the smoke and fire objects. That will permit you to have a smoking engine, for example. Can be used for other objects like tanks and buildings.

Use on stationary ships is tricky sometimes -- needs precise location. One trick to illuminate a ship at night is to use the airfield campfire instead of a light or fire. That can be placed to light up the superstructure like a flare might (flickers nicely, but a bit permanent). The campfire behaves differently than the other fires in illuminating its surroundings.

Last edited by sjcnospam on Wed Apr 27, 2011 02:09 PM; edited 1 times in total
dsparks

dsparks

Post Post subject: destroyed items burn longer
Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 01:57 PM

Thanks for the sugestions guys, but what I need to happen is this. Say for example an aicraft crashes on landing or takeoff, or is destroyed on the ground can I extend the time before it dissapears. Also can you extend the time it takes an aircraft that has returned from a mission, and parked and shut down to dissapear. this is good for a tally-up at the end of missions to see how each side did

thanks
dsparks

Kurfurst
Air Chief Marshall

Kurfurst

Post Post subject: Re: destroyed items burn longer
Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 02:18 PM

I am going to answer no to all the above. The disappearing aircraft time depends on a couple of factors. the size of the airfield and how much taxi and park space it has, and amount and size of the particular airplane. For example, I cannot get 15 B-17s in, taxied and parked, but I can get 20+ B-25s in. Some airfields will not allow airplanes to make it to the taxiways, they land, roll a few metres then gone...

All that said, the damaged airplanes will still only burn for a set time

Hope this helps

-HF-Aardvark892
Site Admin
Site Admin

-HF-Aardvark892

Post Post subject:
Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 08:54 PM

May I suggest a "hidden" airstrike, one that hits your airfield right before your flight arrives in the area? That way, that which you are trying to emulate actually happens!

"We all started out as total n00bs. Someday you will be answering these questions."
-Beebop, M4T Admin
sjcnospam
Air Chief Marshall

sjcnospam

Post Post subject:
Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 09:21 PM

Aardvark has a good suggestion. You can execute planned bombing with great precision using a variation on the following:

mission4today.com/inde...ls&id=3931

See readme file in this. The Ohka MXY makes for a large bomb. For smaller explosions, you could use a particular aircraft listed in the "blocking aircraft technique" - - one that falls and blows up. List of a/c included in the download. One variation will leave a fairly long lasting smoke column. Basically you spawn an a/c with no fuel or speed. It crashes and blows up. That explosion could damage stationary a/c with some degree of predictability. In some cases, you set a second waypoint that is higher than the initial and the a/c will stall, then crash.

Another approach is to set the stationary a/c to the "wrong" side so that some piece of artillery or armor on the ground will fire and destroy that aircraft (or truck even). That is a bit less predictable.

Topics   Replies   Author   Views   Last Post 
Normal
No new posts Graphics Setup No longer able to have perfect mode in 4.12.2 4 Jabo1945 430
 Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:08 PM 
Morris View latest post
No new posts IL-2 General Discussion install aircraft destroyed
install stationary aircraft destroyed
4 major1942bf109 747
 Thu Apr 24, 2014 06:21 PM 
CorkerHam View latest post
No new posts IL-2 General Discussion Is my Straight From the Farm campaign no longer useful?
[ Go to pageGo to page: 1, 2, 3 ]
38 Zeus-cat 5522
 Thu Mar 06, 2014 03:28 PM 
Jaus View latest post
No new posts Mods Discussion Forum Mods no longer showing up in JSGME 1 Frankthetank36 940 Re: Mods no longer sho...
 Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:47 PM 
Darkwind View latest post
No new posts Off Topic Some Things I Can No Longer Do 12 Beebop 2202
 Sat Nov 09, 2013 06:28 PM 
C2Aaircrew View latest post