Mission4Today  

A truly disgusting person
Lighten up, let off a little steam, tell a joke or two. Off topic and clean, suitable for all ages.
Users browsing this topic: None
Post new topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Printer Friendly Page

1 2 3
>
View previous topic :: View next topic
C2Aaircrew
Site Admin
Site Admin

C2Aaircrew

Post Post subject: A truly disgusting person
Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:51 AM

I had originally written a rant to go with this. The problem is I could not tone it down enough to be acceptable for print. My disgust for this person is beyond words. I am glad he was caught and whatever punishment he gets will not be enough. I am so tired of reading about these lowlifes parading around with stolen valor and stolen honor.

www.thesmokinggun.com/...nk=rssfeed
www.liveleak.com/view?...1257982689
www.militarytimes.com/...mation.pdf

EDIT: Part of this scumbags punishment should be to go through Marine Corps Boot Camp at Parris Island. And the authorities should be sure to let everybody know what he did.

Take care,
C2

P.S. My apologies for sounding angry on this forum.

Last edited by C2Aaircrew on Fri Nov 13, 2009 01:08 PM; edited 2 time in total
wgvette
Wing Commander

wgvette

Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 01:39 PM

No problem C2,
You have every right to be angry, very angry.

To wear the Navy Cross and a Purple Heart and parade around as a Marine, telling stories about his service...is degrading to all the selfless souls that have worn the uniform, and done so with self sacrifice and humility.

People who have never served and pretend to be someone they can never be...that as you said is truly disgusting.

Squadron Leader

mortman2004

Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 02:36 PM

Lots of wanabes in this world. Ive met more navy SEALS, Special forces operators and Recon Marines and snipers then have probably served online. DUDES order of precedence on his awards was all ate up. and yeah he needs his teeth kicked in

salama
Pilot Officer

salama

Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 06:03 PM

I can understand and sympathise with ex-servicemens' annoyance at this twerp, but I think he needs a shrink rather than a beating.

redfox2184
Air Cadet Grade 1

redfox2184

Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 06:20 PM

There's more disgusting things and people in this world than some poor Wannabe trying to pretend that he is something that he is not.

Guy needs a life, and probably a shrink - not victimised

MD_Titus
Air Chief Marshall

MD_Titus

Post Post subject: Re: A truly disgusting person
Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 06:39 PM

nah, tar and feather him. walts are lowlifes.

PhilK
Master of the FMB
Master of the FMB

PhilK

Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 07:00 PM

The funny thing is you often have the opposite thing happen. My father worked at an engineering firm, and the man he worked next to for 30 years was a cheerful Polish gentleman who made no mention whatsoever of any military service. It was only after he died that my Dad read his obituary and learnt that he was a paratrooper at Arnhem.

P38_Jockey
Flight Lieutenant

P38_Jockey

Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 07:16 PM

He is in trouble, and playing as a master gunnery sergeant shame.
To find out if they was a seal to earn the Budweiser they got to do one thing ask them what they did to earn it. Only a real one will know the answer.
Marine recon had to do one item close to cherry point.
Snipers what is the first thing they feel when they squeeze the trigger.
But then maybe in these pour peoples mind that they were really there because they was not accepted into the fraternity of warriors.

AirTramp
Air commodore

AirTramp

Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 08:44 PM

That I am afraid is very minor too me,and as such this impersonator needs psychological help and not his teeth kicked in!!!

This is far worst of a crime IMHO >

www.cbc.ca/canada/new-...m-207.html

Last edited by AirTramp on Fri Nov 13, 2009 08:46 PM; edited 1 times in total
AirTramp
Air commodore

AirTramp

Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 08:53 PM

Here is even more Vandalized War memorials....

www.dailymail.co.uk/ne...-week.html

This is truly disgusting!

C2Aaircrew
Site Admin
Site Admin

C2Aaircrew

Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 09:57 PM

Forgive me folks, I do realize there are much worse crimes. And believe me, the desecration of war memorials and both military/civilian funeral sites are also at the top of my list. To those whom have served and have had to bury friends under their nation's respective flags, someone like this is a personal affront. A slap in the face, so to speak, of every person whom have been the recipient of awards for valor. That is why this type of behavior is often referred to as "Stolen Valor" or "Stolen Honor". Think of it as someone who has been promoted at your job who is a slacker, but was promoted based on the fact that they took full credit for your work and accomplishments while you recieved nothing and maybe even job loss. This type of person stands on the backs/work/accomplishments of others to promote their own delusions of granduer. They give nothing and take all they can.

There are many groups of former/retired servicemembers who track down these people, so they can be outed and if need be, prosecuted. The one common thing you will find among these men and women is that they know the pain of burying a friend who paid the ultimate price and seeing the pain and anguish on the faces of the families and the questions of why on those very same faces.

So yes, maybe some type of psychological counseling is also in order, but I must respectfully disagree with the notion that this person is possibly a victim or could be turned into one. When you visit the dancehall all night and dance with the girls, eventually you must pay the band.

Maybe I would not have been as upset if it had not been Remembrance Day, Memorial Day here in U.S., as I had attended Memorial Services here at the local memorial garden. Some of the talk about this at my local VFW chapter is not even fit for print.

So, again, thank you for the chance to vent. It is just that this is a topic that affects me very deeply. Everyone has those few things that go to their core and cause intense reactions. For me, this is one of those things.

Take care,
C2

P38_Jockey
Flight Lieutenant

P38_Jockey

Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:05 PM

C2Aaircrew
Do not get me wrong I would love to get my hands on him and have him lick the bottom of my combat boots off after I step in something I can not say on line.
I gave him no excuses for his behavior on the wall I have 8 friends names on it I was Lucky came home and yes it does sicken me that this goes on.

mortman2004
Squadron Leader

mortman2004

Posted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 02:56 AM

ok well i noticed those who werent vets feel this is a Small matter. IT isnt, ITS called stolen valor. years ago a naval admiral was forced to retire in disgrace and then commited suicide for wearing unauthorized decorations, IT DIMISHES THE VALOR AND HEROISM OF THOSE WHO EARNED THOSE DECORATIONS and I STILL SAY ID KICK HIS TEETH IN PERSONALLY and anyone who knows me can vouch that i would. Sorry for not being Politically correct.. Political correctness got 13 soldiers killed and another 30 wounded at Fort hood, because the US ARMY didnt wana question a Muslim terrorist Army doc, and offend his muslim senseibilities..
Im about fed up with hearing he needs help. Hes an adult he knew what he was doing was heinous, HE needs his ASS KICKED
I saw Many times in my 21 years as a Soldier individuals who did incredibly heroic acts and they never got a medal. just an "ATTA boy" from theyre comrades.. and this CLOWN goes around parading awards he never Earned. its frankly hatefull... SO i offended some folks but i mean what i say and say what I mean, and yes id hurt him physically very badly if he were in my presence..

AirTramp
Air commodore

AirTramp

Posted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 03:22 AM

I still don;t think violence against some individual that has physiological problems is necessary.I don't fully understand this so called persons mental state,but if he is truly just sick and dressing up too me that is much different than the General wearing medals he did not earn.I would imagen that is worthy of a court martial I would think!

The same if an individual was dressing up for some kind of profit,to swindle someone or something like that....it would be a crime and not a sick individual who made need more help than just dressing up help.

So with that the punishment should fit the crime...if there is a crime...
The General should have been court marshelled,stripped of what he did have and they should have give him 25 years hard labour in a military prison,that would be punishment fitting the crime.

Where as these despicable people who deface and wreck these memorials....

But...there is a ray of light out of this dark evil deed...
The town in Nova Scotia has had a record turn out for Memorial day!
because of the vandalism and the publicity over it...

I can see the reason for hatred,but not the need for violence....

JaRink
Air Vice Marshall

JaRink

Posted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 05:40 AM

Where's everyone coming up with the idea that people that do this have a "psychological problem" that needs taken care of? The "problem" is that they are lying, posing as someone they are not in order to reap the benefits and recognition earned by others who have freely given up years of their lives, limbs or even their entire lives.

Scum, scum, scum.

Impersonating an officer is a federal crime. (Not sure about impersonating enlisted)
US Code Title 18, 912

1 2 3
>
Post new topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Printer Friendly Page

Topics   Replies   Author   Views   Last Post 
Normal
No new posts IL-2 General Discussion Help a new person question 2 :)
help
10 TheAce001 961
 Thu Oct 06, 2011 01:22 PM 
Wolfenstein View latest post
No new posts IL-2 General Discussion Help a new person 14 TheAce001 1110
 Thu Oct 06, 2011 08:16 AM 
MD_Titus View latest post
No new posts IL-2 Technical Issues 32 Person Slot coop problem 2 Decon 985 32 Person Slot coop pr...
 Thu Feb 12, 2009 03:27 AM 
Decon View latest post
No new posts Tricky Trivia Who is this person? 5 Beebop 1283 Re: Who is this person...
 Mon Sep 29, 2008 05:54 AM 
castalde View latest post