|I don't know if something changed in the flight model in 4.11 or I just lost my touch - it seems whenever I try to land any more regardless of the AC as soon as I touch down the tail starts to drop smoothly but suddenly I nose dive into the tarmac.|
Am I just having a clumsy spell or did something really change?
Can you post or send a track of one of those landings?
If it is not an hardware failure of some sort (joystick, keyboard, as suggested) and not having seen what you are doing exactly, my suggestion may not be applicable, but for what is worth:
- Pick an easy airplane to fly/land, e.g. SBD
- Flaps set for landing on final and gear down
- Make sure you are not stalling or too slow: set and keep the approach speed (do you know what that is for that airplane?) slowly decreasing throttle; extend downwind if needed to give yourself time for a good glide path
- Trim the airplane for landing and flare smoothly, pointing the nose at the horizon or slightly above. Note take-off attitude and mimic it on landing, especially on tailwheel; on tricycle gear you must keep the nose wheel from touching down before the mains.
- On tailwheel, as you touch down, pull the stick back and let the tail down (if too fast, you will bounce there). Apply brakes (pumping)
- Make sure you are landing on the runway (I know, this sounds dumb, but sometimes grass runways are hard to see in IL-2)
You probably already know most or all of these, but just to make sure we are not overlooking anything.